When We Collect Your Personal Data & What We Do With It
Our Commitment To You
We are committed to protecting your privacy and always handling your personal information with respect.
We will only ever use your personal information for the purpose that you trusted us to use it for.
We promise that we will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to do our work. That means information to undertake and improve our services and to talk to you about our work.
We will never sell or share your personal information.
We take responsibility for the personal information that we hold about you.
We respect your choices and will inform you if there are important changes that affect your personal information or how we use it.
We give you control of the personal information we hold about you to make sure it is accurate and reflects how you want to be communicated with.
We strive to ensure your personal information is always secure and protected.
We are fair and transparent about how we use the personal information we hold
Privacy Statement – Why We Collect Your Personal Data & What We Do With It
When you supply your personal details to The Therapy Lounge (‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’) they are processed and stored for four reasons:
1. We collect personal information about you, your background, your lifestyle and your psychological health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that treatment constitutes a contract. You can refuse to provide the information but if you were to do that, we would not provide treatment. We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting this personal information because without it we couldn’t do our job safely or well.
2. We also have a “Legitimate Interest” to use your personal information to respond to your requests for information, to provide you with information as part of treatment plan, to confirm details of your appointments and to update you on any matters related to your treatment.
3. We also have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting information on how you have used our website (‘Usage Data’) which is based at wwww.thetherapylounge.com. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, your location, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. This data helps us improve the quality of our website so you have the best possible user experience. Some of this data is also sometimes used to help us analyse our marketing activities.
4. Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time by letting us know by any convenient method.
We have a “Legitimate Interest” in retaining your personal information and client notes for up to 5 years after your most recent appointment.
Hand written client notes securely stored within the practice. They are destroyed by shredding or incineration by a specialist company.
Electronic notes are held on our Client Relationship Management System “in the cloud”, using a specialist service provider. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected and the passwords are changed regularly on our office computers.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people or agencies will have routine access to your data:
– The service who store and process our files
– Your Therapist in order that they can provide you with treatment
– Our Managing Partner who is responsible for organising our therapists’ diaries, coordinating appointments and reminders and dealing with some payments.
From time to time, we may have to employ consultants to perform tasks which might give them access to your personal data. We will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and we will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
We may have to divulge your details if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency), or to protect and defend the rights of The Therapy Lounge, or to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our treatment, or to protect against legal liability.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors.
You can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so. Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
Steve Burns, Managing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 440 Highgate Studios, London, NW5 1TL
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.